Functions of the State Commission
As per Section 16 (6) of the Act, the State Commission shall undertake the following functions, namely
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the Act, in relation to the State;
- Either suo moto or on receipt of complaint inquire into violations of the entitlements provided under Chapter II;
- Give advice to the State Government on effective implementation of the Act;
- Give advice to the State Government, their agencies, autonomous bodies as well as non-governmental organisations involved in delivery of relevant services, for the effective implementation of food and nutrition related schemes, to enable individuals to fully access their entitlements specified in this Act;
- Hear appeals against orders of the District Grievance Redressal Officer;
- Prepare annual reports which shall be laid before the State Legislature by the State Government.